Ok ok, before you say anything, I know this is my third post with the black background. I promise not everything will include a black background from now on but let’s be real, Oreo fudge brownies deserve a bold statement!! Just look at them… they’re beautiful, thicccccq, chocolatey, fudgey & absolutely delicious.
I’ve actually been craving these for suchhhh a long time. I think the last time I made Oreo brownies was like 2-3 years ago & they were from boxed brownies. It’s really a shame that I’ve gone this long with posting a recipe to one of the ultimate chocolate desserts.
How To Make Oreo Fudge Brownies
Let’s start with the worst part about make these brownies…waiting. The best brownies are slightly under-baked & allowed to cool before devouring. These brownies have that step but they also require to be refrigerated for at least a couple hours after adding the ganache so it makes it a tincy wincy bit harder.
Other than that, the recipe is pretty basic. You always want to beat the eggs with the sugar first to get that crackly top on the brownies. Then you add the melted butter & chocolate. Last but not least you fold in your dry ingredients JUST UNTIL COMBINED. You can even still have a few streaks of flour here and there, just don’t over-mix. Layer with Oreos. Bake. Cool. Top with ganache & more Oreos. Refrigerate. Slice. Serve. End of story.
It really is quite simple. & well worth every dollar, second & calorie. If you make these, I’d LOVE to see so please tag me @baranbakery on instagram & let me know what you think. They’re one of my favs & I’m sure they will be yours too! As always,
Fudgy Oreo Brownies
- 16 pieces
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 12-16 oreos,
- 1 1/2 cup dark chocolate,
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4-8 oreos,
- Preparation: 20 min
- Cooking: 35 min
- Ready in: 2 h 55 min
- Preheat oven to 350F & grease & line a 8"x8" pan.
- Melt butter with chocolate together & set aside.
- Whisk together flour, salt & cocoa powder & set aside.
- With hand mixer, beat together eggs & sugar for a few minutes until pale in color.
- Add in chocolate/butter mixture, & vanilla and beat until fully combined.
- Fold in dry ingredients, just until flour is mostly incorporated.
- Spread half the batter on the bottom of the pan. Layer whole Oreos on top & spread the rest of the batter over the Oreos.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan for about 30 minutes. Then refrigerate while making ganache.
- Heat heavy cream in a medium sauce pan and remove just before boiling.
- Pour over chocolate & stir until smooth.
- Pour over brownies (while still in pan).
- Separate Oreos in half & layer on top of ganache.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before removing from pan & slicing (best overnight).
- You can use a different pan size such as 9″x6″ that has a similar square inch.
- If you are having difficulty slicing (Oreos sliding through ganache) you have to refrigerate longer.