Gooey homemade brownies topped with Oreos, salted caramel sauce, a chocolate chip cookie topping and pinch of sea salt flakes!
I’m not sure why I didn’t make these sooner but I’m glad I did now. These are one of the most indulgent desserts I’ve ever had. From the gooey brownie layer on the bottom, the nostalgic flavor of Oreos, the crispy chocolate chip cookie on top and the salted balance of the caramel sauce and sea salt flakes, there’s just nothing better.
What are slutty brownies
Originally, slutty brownies are a chocolate chip cookie on the bottom, topped with Oreos and then a brownie layer. However, I did it upside down because I like the look of these better. So there’s a brownie bottom, Oreos in the center (a bonus salted caramel sauce drizzle) and chocolate chip cookie top.
Why are they called slutty brownies
Once upon a time there was a blogger, Amanda from Kevin & Amanda who made cookie dough Oreo brownies, which look absolutely phenomenal. Then another blogger made them and named them slutty brownies and it went viral.
Anyway, you can call my version extra slutty since I added a dreamy salted caramel sauce to it!
How to make slutty brownies
At first, I thought I would have to bake the brownies a little before adding the rest of the layers but my laziness disagreed. I was afraid the brownies would be too gooey and under-baked and the cookie top would be too crispy but after a few tests, I got the perfect balance of gooey brownies with a crisp cookie top.
How to make brownie layer
For the brownie layer, I simply halved My PERFECT Brownie recipe. I use this brownie base for literally every brownie adaptation possible because it’s so simple to make and my absolute favorite brownie recipe!
How to make chocolate chip cookie layer
The chocolate chip cookie layer is adapted from the absolute Best Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe by Jenna from Butternut Bakery. I’ve made these cookies so many times and they’re always perfect so naturally I had to use it in these slutty brownies!
Can I use store bought salted caramel
Every time I post a recipe using salted caramel sauce I answer this question the same way. You can certainly always use store bought salted caramel sauce but there is no brand that I would recommend as I don’t think any of them are nearly as delicious as homemade salted caramel sauce!
How to store slutty brownies
Once the brownies have cooled, store them in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days or refrigerate them for 7-10 days.
To freeze them, place them tightly in an airtight container and then place the container in a freezer bag, squeezing out all the air. Freeze them for 2-3 months and thaw them at room temperature overnight.
I hope you guys enjoy these extra slutty brownies as much as I did! If you have any questions, comment down below and don’t forget to tag me @baranbakery on instagram if you make them. As always, have a blessed day and happy baking!
- 6 Tbsp (85g) unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup (3 oz) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (60g) all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1/8 cup (13g) Dutch-process cocoa powder, spooned and leveled
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 16 Oreos
- 1/4 cup salted caramel sauce
Chocolate Chip Cookie Layer
- 1/4 cup (56g) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2 cup (100g) light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 large egg yolk, room temperature
- 3/4 cups (90g) all purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup (3oz) semisweet chocolate chips
- drizzle salted caramel sauce
- pinch of sea salt flakes
- Preheat the oven to 350F (177C). Use cooking spray and parchment paper to grease and line an 8-inch square baking pan.
- In a large bowl or a saucepan, melt the butter with the semi-sweet chocolate. Let it cool for a couple minutes and then add the sugars and the eggs, whisking until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, salt and vanilla extract to the chocolate mixture and fold them together until they're just barely combined. Spread the brownie layer on the bottom of the pan.
- Top the brownie batter with a layer of Oreos and a drizzle of salted caramel sauce.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter with the brown sugar and the egg yolk and mix until they're well combined.
- Fold in the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt and mix just until they're barely combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and spread the chocolate chip cookie dough layer on top of the brownie and Oreos.
- Bake the brownies for 30-35 minutes, until the cookie topping is golden brown. Remove them from the oven and allow them to cool in the pan for about 30 minutes, then remove them from the pan and allow them to cool completely.
- Once the brownies have cooled, cut into 16 slices and drizzle extra salted caramel sauce and top with a generous pinch of sea salt flakes. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days or refrigerate for 7-10 days.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 293Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 189mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 1gSugar: 28gProtein: 3g
Nutrition information may not be fully accurate.