Easy homemade birthday cake fudge is made using a basic white chocolate fudge recipe and sprinkled with birthday cake crumbs. Easy, delicious and beautiful!
Heeey heeeeyyyy. Comin’ atcha with a super fun, super sweet, *almost* no-bake dessert, also known as white chocolate birthday cake fudge! Really though, how fun are these?! & they take almost no effort to make. The worst part is just waiting for them to chill before slicing & devouring.
How To Make Homemade Fudge?
There are a few different ways to make fudge at home. Some people use a frosting base, which I’ve never tried before. The thought of it just doesn’t sound very appealing to me, lol. The most popular way is using sweetened condensed milk.
If you’re making a white chocolate or a dark chocolate base you just melt the chocolate with the sweetened condensed milk. Then fold in whatever flavors you’re making & let it cool. I like to add a little butter to the mixture. The butter makes the fudge a little thicker, silkier and less chewy.
Ingredients for White Chocolate Fudge
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: condensed milk is basically milk that had the water removed and ‘sweetened’ means sugar was added to it.
- White Chocolate: any kind of white chocolate works. I use Ghirardelli white chocolate chips.
- Butter: For this recipe, softened butter is easier to work with but it gets melted either way so the temperature isn’t a huge deal. I always use unsalted butter.
- Salt: just a pinch of salt is needed to cut the sweetness of the birthday cake fudge.
This white chocolate fudge recipe is SUPER EASY & great for summertime because baking is *usually* not involved. Which leads me to my next topic.
How to make birthday cake crumbs
I’ve been wanting to make something fun & colorful, funfetti like for a little while. & I’ve also been wanting to make some fudge…so naturally, I combined the two. Fudge is good but fudge with some texture is great!
The birthday cake crumbs recipe is adapted from the famous milk bar birthday cake recipe by Christina Tosi. I used more generic ingredients that most people would have on hand and then just basically made a streusel out of them.
Ingredients for birthday cake crumbs
- Flour: I used all-purpose flour and I always weigh my flour because it’s the easiest ingredient to over measure.
- Baking Powder: I wanted the crumbs to be a little more cakey than ‘streusel’ so the baking powder made the crumbles a little lighter.
- Sugar: Granulated sugar makes for the best “birthday cake” flavor.
- Butter: I believe Christina Tosi uses grapeseed oil buuutttt ain’t nobody got that on hand.
- Vanilla: For the ultimate “birthday cake” flavor, vanilla imitation is the best! If you don’t have that, vanilla extract works well.
- Sprinkles: I mean it is birthday cake fudge after all.
- Salt: just add a pinch of salt!
With white chocolate birthday cake fudge you get all the flavors of delicious birthday cake packed into a tiny little square. A lot of recipes for birthday cake fudge are more of a cake batter fudge, which use a cake batter flavor box mix, but this fudge has a nice crunch to go with it!
I’ve had these in my fridge for the last couple weeks and have low-key been sneaking a tiny bite every day. I hope guys like these as much as I do! Make sure to tag me on instagram @baranbakery if you make them, I’d love to see your creations. As always,
Birthday Cake Crumbs
- 2/3 cup (80g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp rainbow sprinkles
White Chocolate Fudge
- 14 oz. (1 can) sweetened condensed milk
- 18 oz. white chocolate
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 batch of birthday cake crumbs
- 1 Tbsp rainbow sprinkles
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 & line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients for birthday cake crumbs in a medium bowl & mix with a hand mixer until small clusters form.
- Spread the crumbs on the cookie sheet and bake for about 10 minutes. Remove them from the oven, use a fork to break up the large chunks (scramble them up a little) & return to the oven for about 3-5 minutes until golden brown. Remove and allow them to cool completely. They will crisp up as they cool, then break them into crumbs.
- Place 1/2 cup of water in a saucepan over medium heat. Place the white chocolate with the sweetened condensed milk, butter and salt in a glass bowl on top of the saucepan, creating a double boiler. Stir the mixture frequently so the chocolate doesn't burn.
- Meanwhile line an 8x8 pan.
- Once the mixture is completely smooth, fold in HALF of the birthday cake crumbs and spread mixture evenly in the prepared pan. Top the fudge with the rest of the crumbs & a few more sprinkles.
- Refrigerate for a few hours (or overnight) before slicing. Serve cold or at room temperature.
- Store refrigerated for up to two weeks.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 133Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 59mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 0gSugar: 13gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.