ohhhh hiiii thereeee! I am so excited to finally post these healthy(ish) peanut butter chocolate truffles. I wanted to wait til after Thanksgiving, when you’ve finally had a years worth of pie, & you’re ready for something a little lighter & less sweet!
I’m not a fan of cooking, as you all know but I am a huge fan of dessert, as you all know, lol. So I wanted to make something that would satisfy my sweet tooth, give me a little energy at work & not make me feel super guilty for eating more than one or two. & these my friends, did just that!
These little beauties are made up of peanut butter, oatmeal, chocolate protein powder, dark chocolate, coconut oil & chia seeds. That’s it! There is some added sugar in the peanut butter & protein powder I used but I’ll def make sure to get a more natural one next time. Real talk for a minute, I’m pretty bad about eating healthy & having a baking blog definitely doesn’t help. But I’m working on it!
Anyway, I gotta go to work & I’m super tired right now & don’t really know what else to say so I’ll just say bye before I waste anymore of your time, lol. I hope you all love these as much as I do & make sure to tag me @baranbakery or #bakewithb if you make them!
& if you have any questions or suggestions, you can leave me comment down below or send me a message! Love you all, as always,
Healthy(ish) Peanut Butter Truffles
Super easy healthy(ish) peanut butter oatmeal truffles; health(ish) as in no added sugar! Woot Woot!
- 2/3 cup peanut butter,
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup chocolate protein powder
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 cup dark chocolate,
- 1 tsp. coconut oil
- pinch of sea salt flakes
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl EXCEPT dark chocolate and coconut oil.
- Mix until fully combined (easier with an electric mixer).
- Use a small ice cream scooper (or a tbsp.) to get evenly sized balls.
- Roll and refrigerate for 30-60 minutes.
- Melt dark chocolate and coconut oil and dunk each ball in chocolate.
- Top with sea salt while chocolate is still wet.
- Refrigerate for a few minutes until chocolate hardens.
- ENJOY! Store in an airtight container.