We’re back with a Lemon Poppyseed Cheesecake.& guess whaaaattttt.
You prob already guessed…cuz it’s in the title, but this is a no-bake recipe !
Everything is great about cheesecake, can I get an amen?!
EXCEPT. WAITING. dot.dot.dot.
It’s like the jeopardy jingle playing for four hours. But’s totally worth it.
So I made this cheesecake a few weeks ago & I accidentally bought low-fat cream cheese…KNOWING that it wasn’t going to turn out, I made it anyway. So I made it in a pie dish because I was sure it wasn’t going to stand up straight like a cheesecake. & I was right.
So I made it again, with regular cream cheese & here it is. Honestly, I would’ve preferred this to be a bit taller but I’m gonna call it a day on this cheesecake since I don’t have a smaller spring form pan, lol. So feel free to make this in a smaller pan to get a more EXTRA looking cheesecake. Also since I’m trying to be more consistent & organized with my life, I’m going to try to post every Monday & if I’m feeling generous, a second time some time in the week. No promises though!
LEMON POPPYSEED NO-BAKE CHEESECAKE
1 package graham crackers
3 tbsp butter, melted
32 oz. (4 packs) cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
zest of 1 medium lemon
juice of 1 medium lemon
1 tbsp. lemon extract, feel free to add more
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tbsp. poppyseeds, feel free to add more
8 oz. cool whip
2 tbsp. sour cream
1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Lay parchment on the bottom of a spring form pan & grease the sides for easy removal (or make this in a pie dish)
- Melt butter & crush graham crackers.
- Mix together in a bowl until crumbly.
- Spread onto pan evenly & press down until it all sticks together.
- With a hand or stand mixer, whip cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in sugar & beat until sugar is dissolved, takes a few minutes.
- Add in sour cream, lemon zest, juice, extracts & poppyseeds.
- Mix until combined, it may be a little soft.
- Pour onto crust & spread evenly.
- Mix cool whip with sour cream (this prevents cool whip from melting if you leave it out.)
- Spread on top of cheesecake evenly, feel free to make a little decoration with a pipe.
- Top with lemon zest.
- Refrigerate for at least a couple hours. Best if left overnight.
Every time my sister eats this cheesecake, she tells me to open a bakery but now that you see how easy it is to make, you won’t need me 🙂 lol. I hope you guys enjoy this cheesecake as much as she did though & feel free to comment down below if you have any questions. Would love to know if you guys make this so make sure to tag #bakewithb on instagram ! As always, have a blessed day my friends,