This white chocolate raspberry ice cream is actually a play off of the cheesecake. It’s a super quick and easy no-churn ice cream made with cream cheese and white chocolate, swirled with fresh raspberry sauce and layered with Oreos.
What makes this Ice Cream so Good
- This no-churn homemade ice cream recipe is SO QUICK & EASY to make! It is extra creamy and it doesn’t get that hard freezer burn like some other ice cream recipes. It also only uses a few ingredients for the ice cream base!!
- As a no-churn base, this ice cream recipe requires fewer steps and no ice cream machine making it a perfect dessert to make at home.
- If you like creamy ice cream, this uses cream cheese in the base making it EXTRA creamy.
What is the Difference Between Churn and No-churn Ice Cream?
Churned ice cream, made traditionally, involves an ice cream maker that simultaneously freezes and churns the mixture, incorporating air and preventing large ice crystal formation, resulting in a smooth texture. While no-churn ice cream, eliminates the need for an ice cream maker by incorporating air with whipped cream and an extra creamy consistency from the condensed milk. The result is usually a denser, creamier ice cream with a smooth texture.
If you are looking for more quick and easy no-churn ice creams check out my Lotus Biscoff Ice Cream, Cinnamon Roll Ice Cream, but if you just NEED that EXTRA creamy goodness try my Caramel Cheesecake Ice Cream, which also uses cream cheese in the base.
- Sweetened Condensed Milk: this is what sweetens the ice cream and makes it super creamy.
- This cannot be replaced for something like sugar, as it’s what makes this ice cream possible as a no-churn.
- There is a vegan version made from oat milk that may work but I have not tested it.
- Heavy Whipping Cream: this gets whipped into fresh whipped cream and makes the ice cream super light and fluffy
- To make this dairy free, use coconut cream, it may alter the flavor a little though.
- Cream Cheese: This is the game changer here, cream cheese gives it a super creamy texture.
- White Chocolate Chips: I like to use white chocolate chips, but a chopped white chocolate bar will work as well.
- This can also be made with dark or milk chocolate.
- Sugar: I used granulated sugar for the raspberry sauce.
- Corn Starch: cornstarch will help thicken the sauce for the ice cream.
- Lemon Juice: ½ large lemon to get 2 Tbsp.
- Salt: I like to add a little salt to any dessert to cut the sweetness a little.
- Raspberries: Fresh or frozen works
- Oreos: You can never go wrong adding Oreos here or anywhere really lol.
Step 1: Combine the raspberries with the sugar, salt, cornstarch and lemon juice in a small pot and heat on medium.
Step 2: Stir until the sugar starts to dissolve and then simmer on medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes.
Step 3: Press the raspberry filling through a sieve if you want it seedless and cool completely then refrigerate.
Step 4: Heat ¼ cup heavy whipping cream in a small saucepan until it simmers. Pour the cream over the white chocolate in a bowl and cover for about 5 minutes.
Step 5: Whisk to gently stir the ganache until it’s completely smooth. Set aside to cool completely.
- Place in the fridge to cool for 5 minutes, stir, then repeat 2-3 times until no longer warm and chocolate has thickened.
Step 6: Beat the softened cream cheese with the white chocolate, sweetened condensed milk and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer.
- You want to bring the cream cheese to room temperature, so make sure it’s sitting out prior to starting
Step 7: Stream in the heavy whipping cream and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
Step 8: Layer the ice cream: Spread one third of the ice cream into a deep pan.
Step 9: Drop globs of chilled raspberry sauce in and use a knife to swirl back and forth. Top with a generous amount of crushed Oreos.
Step 10: Repeat with two more layers of ice cream, raspberry and Oreos. Cover with a lid, foil or plastic wrap and freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yup, just use coconut cream and dairy free sweetened condensed milk (like oatmilk).
This no-churn ice cream does not require an ice cream machine.
Yesss, use whatever base you like, churn or no-churn and just follow the instructions with the raspberry puree and oreos.
How to Store Ice Cream
Make sure the ice cream is fully covered with plastic wrap or a container with a lid and freeze for at least 8 hours. Ice cream keeps well in the freezer for a few weeks.
Thanks so much for reading today’s post, if you have any questions just comment down below.
If you make this white chocolate raspberry ice cream, I would love it if you left a star rating for it in the recipe card.
As always, have a blessed day and happy baking!
White Chocolate Raspberry Ice Cream Recipe
- 9 oz raspberries fresh or frozen
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice (1/2 large lemon)
- 1 Tbsp (10g) cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp (25g) granulated sugar
- tiny pinch fine sea salt
- 8 oz white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup (2 oz) heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups (18oz) heavy whipping cream cold, (18 ounces in weight not fluid ounces)
- 1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 brick (8oz) cream cheese room temperature
- tiny pinch fine sea salt
- 8-10 Oreos roughly chopped
- In a small pot, over medium heat, combine the raspberries (no need to thaw if they’re frozen) with the sugar, salt, cornstarch and lemon juice.9 oz raspberries, 2 Tbsp lemon juice, 1 Tbsp (10g) cornstarch, 2 Tbsp (25g) granulated sugar
- Stir until the sugar starts to dissolve and then simmer on medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes, until it’s thickened and goes from looking cloudy to more transparent (temp was 210F/99C if you measure).
- Press the raspberry filling through a sieve if you want it seedless and cool completely and refrigerate before assembling the ice cream.
- Place the white chocolate in a medium bowl and place the heavy whipping cream into a small saucepan.1/4 cup (2 oz) heavy whipping cream, 8 oz white chocolate chips
- Heat the cream over medium-low heat until it comes to a simmer (bubbling just around the edge).
- Pour the cream over the white chocolate and cover the bowl with a lid or plastic wrap for about 5 minutes, so the chocolate melts.
- Use a rubber spatula or a whisk to gently stir the ganache until it's completely smooth. Place it in the fridge for 5 minutes and then stir again. Repeat 2-3 more times until the white chocolate is no longer warm and has thickened a little.
- Place the softened cream cheese with the white chocolate, sweetened condensed milk and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer (or a large bowl with a hand mixer). Using the whisk attachment, beat them together for 1-2 minutes at medium speed until it's completely smooth. Make sure to scrape the edge of the bowl.1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk, tiny pinch fine sea salt, 1 brick (8oz) cream cheese
- Turn the mixer to low-medium speed and stream in the heavy whipping cream. As it thickens a little increase the speed to high (so it doesn't splash before it thickens) and beat until the mixture is light and fluffy. It's won't be stiff peaks because everything is already mixed in together but the heavy cream will still whip up and make the ice cream light fluffy.2 cups (18oz) heavy whipping cream
- Use a rubber spatula to make sure it's all mixed in and spread 1/3 of the ice cream into a deep pan.
- Drop globs of the chilled raspberry sauce on top of the ice cream and use a knife to swirl it back and forth. Then top with a generous amount of crushed Oreos.8-10 Oreos
- Repeat with two more layers of ice cream, raspberry and Oreos.
- Cover the pan with a lid, plastic wrap or foil and place it in the freezer for at least 8 hours or overnight.