Super quick and easy white chocolate cranberry mini pies are phyllo shells filled with a sweet no-bake white chocolate cheesecake filling and topped with tart cranberries.
We all have those holiday events we forget about and have to make something last minute, right?! Or is it just me? Well, these mini pies are the perfect last minute Christmas treat.
I used Athens Foods Phyllo Shells and filled them with a sweet, super creamy white chocolate cheesecake filling. The filling is infused with orange zest and a tiny bit of cinnamon. I like to top it with a fresh tart cranberry to balance the sweetness and some gold foil or gold dust for a little Holiday fancy flair.
Why you’ll love these mini cranberry pies
- There’s no baking involved here and they’re SO QUICK & EASY
- They can be made days in advance before serving.
- This recipe can easily be altered to make different flavors.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Cream Cheese: Make sure to use full-fat cream cheese here so the filling sets properly. Bring it to room temperature for 1-2 hours before using so it blends easily with the sugar.
- White Chocolate: I used white chocolate chips but any type of white chocolate will do well here.
- Sugar: I used powdered sugar for the filling to get a smooth silky texture. If you want sugared cranberries, you’ll need granulated sugar for those.
- Orange: I use some orange zest in the white chocolate filling and a little extra on top for some color.
- Cinnamon: I used a tinnnyyyy amount of ground cinnamon to give it that cozy Christmas feeling.
- Cranberries: You can use sugared cranberries or plain fresh cranberries on top. I actually prefer the plain cranberries because the white chocolate filling is pretty sweet so the tart cranberries balance the sweetness well.
- Athens Phyllo Shells: Of course you can’t make mini white chocolate cranberry pies without Athens Phyllo Shells! They are so easy to prep- just defrost them if they were in your freezer. I love using their shells because it saves so much time and they taste delicious.
Step 1: Start by melting the white chocolate in the microwave on 15 second intervals, mixing between each interval, until it’s smooth. Set aside to cool.
Step 2: In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese with the powdered sugar, orange zest and cinnamon, until it’s well combined and smooth.
Step 3: Add the melted white chocolate and mix just until it’s combined. Don’t over-mix.
Step 4: Refrigerate the mixture for 20-30 minutes, just so it can stiffen a little to pipe nicely.
Step 5: Pipe the cream cheese mixture into the phyllo shells all the way to the top, top with a little extra orange zest, a cranberry, and some gold dust. Refrigerate for another 20-30 minutes or so to set.
Frequently Asked Questions
I think the white chocolate filling is quite sweet and balances the tart cranberries well.
You can certainly use a different fruit on top, but I would probably reduce the powdered sugar a little then.
Yes you can definitely replace the melted white chocolate with milk chocolate, semi-sweet, or dark chocolate.
Yup! You can make them a few days in advance and just store them covered in the refrigerator until serving.
How to store mini white chocolate cranberry pies.
I usually just place them in an airtight container and refrigerate them for up to a week. Serve cold or slightly chilled.
To freeze the pies, place them in an airtight container and then place the container in a freezer bag, squeezing out all the excess air. Bring them back to room temperature by thawing at room temperature for a few hours before serving or thawing in the refrigerator overnight.
Thanks so much for reading today’s post, if you have any questions just comment down below. Make sure to leave it in the comment section because I can’t answer in the rating section.
If you make these christmas pies, I’d love it if you left a star rating for me. If it’s less than five stars, please leave a comment with the rating so I know why! 🙂
As always, have a blessed day and happy baking!
- 1 Package (15 count) Athens Phyllo Shells
- 1/2 cup (3oz) white chocolate, melted and cooled
- 4 ounces (1/2 block) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup (120g) powdered sugar, spooned and leveled
- Zest from half a large naval orange
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp fine sea salt
- Orange zest
- Fresh cranberries
- Edible gold foil and/or gold luster dust
- Thaw Athens Phyllo Shells 1 hour to 1 day before making.
- In a medium bowl, melt the white chocolate in the microwave on 15 second intervals, mixing between each interval, until it’s smooth. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, use an electric mixer with the whisk attachment to beat the cream cheese with the powdered sugar, orange zest, cinnamon, and sea salt until it’s well combined and smooth.
- Add the melted white chocolate and mix just until it’s combined. Don’t over-mix.
- Refrigerate the mixture for 20-30 minutes, just so it can stiffen a little to pipe nicely.
- Use a piping bag to fill the Athen's Phyllo Shells with the cream cheese filling and top with a little extra orange zest, a cranberry and some gold dust.
- Refrigerate for another 20-30 minutes or so to set.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 103Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 48mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information may not be fully accurate.