Two days ago I shared a life changing S’mores Brownie Ice Cream recipe. Today, we’re going to take it the next level & turn it into brownie ice cream sandwiches. Because it’s necessary & totally worth the extra effort & calories, duhhh!
In the last post we talked about how to make homemade, no-churn ice cream so I won’t go over all of that again. You can read more about it on the S’mores Brownie Ice Cream post. Today we’ll talk about taking your homemade ice cream to the next level, making ice cream sandwiches. So you can do this with basically any brownie recipe & ice cream recipe. I used the s’mores ice cream & brownie recipe from the S’mores Brownie Ice Cream post & I will post the recipe below as well if you would like to use it.
How To Make Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches?
To make brownie ice cream sandwiches I followed the recipe with the following changes:
- Make a double batch of brownies for this amount of ice cream or half the amount of ice cream for 1 batch of brownies.
- Make sure to use a pan at least 9″x13″, or slightly larger, for my brownie recipe or your brownie layer will be too thick (you can smush it down with your hands a little after it’s done baking if it still looks a bit thick).
- Line your baking pans so you can easily remove brownies from them. Set one aside aside (top of sandwich) & leave one in the pan (bottom of sandwich).
- Once your brownies are done baking, allow them to cool before freezing one of them in the pan, for a little while, to make sure it’s chilled before putting ice cream on top.
- Layer ice cream, as directed in recipe below, on top of the brownie in the pan.
- Freeze ice cream over bottom brownie for a couple hours before placing top layer of brownie.
- Freeze the whole thing until solid, preferably overnight.
- Once solid, remove from pan (with your lined baking sheet) & slice into desired size ice cream sandwiches (I used a hot knife to get clean slices).
- No-churn ice cream melts faster than other ice creams so work quickly & refreeze once sliced. Serve immediately out of the freezer.
I know that seems like a lot of work but it’s really not that bad, just make sure to follow the instructions so you don’t get a goopy melted mess. Also it’s like totally worth it cuz they’re amazing & are definitely going to win you some brownie points! #punintended *winky-face emoji*. If you make these, make sure to tag me @baranbakery on instagram, I’d love to see your creations in the kitchen & share them with the rest of our tribe! As always,
For Similar Recipes:
- S’mores Brownie Ice Cream
- Chocolate Coffee Oreo No-Churn Ice Cream
- Oreo Fudge Brownies
- Pecan Pie Brownies