Extra gooey Rice Krispie treats made with creamy peanut butter, Reese’s peanut butter cups and extra marshmallow fluff!
OHHHH MYYYYY GOOODDDNESSSSSS friends. That’s a bit dramatic, I know, but did you look at the photo above?! Because let me tell you, these peanut butter Rice Krispie treats taste even better than they look. That may be hard to believe but that is my honest opinion.
These babies can be made year round, obviously, but I made them in honor of Super Bowl Sunday. Everyone wants to bring something impressive to parties or potlucks so I wanted to come up with a recipe that is not only insanely delicious but is also very quick to make and easy to serve to larger crowds.
Liiikkkeeee, you could bring an impressive cake with six layers and frosted with the most perfect silky frosting if you want to be cutting cake instead of watching the game. Or you could just bring the BEST Rice Krispie treats ever.
How to make homemade peanut butter Rice Krispie Treats
Rice Krispie treats have got to be one of the easiest dessert/snack recipes you could ever make. They’re also one of the most versatile treats with all the different flavors you could add. Like how I couldn’t decide between peanut butter cup and fluffernutter Rice Krispie treats. So why not chocolate and peanut butter and marshmallow fluff?!
Tips & Tricks for the BEST treats:
- FIRST, grease your pan with cooking spray and measure out all of the ingredients ahead of time. This always makes baking easier but especially when you’re working with sticky marshmallows.
- SECOND, you can see in the photos below that I combined the Rice Krispies cereal, Reese’s peanut butter cups, melted marshmallows and butter, and peanut butter together. After those are combined, I added the marshmallow fluff. This gives it that fluffernutter touch.
- THIRD, while it’s still warm, lightly press it into your 8″ pan, don’t pack it too tightly. You can use a different size pan, just know that if it’s bigger, the treats will be smaller and if the pan is smaller, the treats will be taller.
- FOURTH, to speed up setting time, refrigerate for a few minutes. The firmer the treats, the easier they are to slice.
What makes this the BEST peanut butter Rice Krispie Treat recipe?
Let’s just talk about how these came to be for a minute. I knew I wanted to make peanut butter Rice Krispie treats but I couldn’t decide between two flavors. I was thinking fluffernutter Rice Krispie treats or Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Rice Krispie treats. So I did both!
That was the best idea I had all year! The cereal to marshmallow ratio is just right, they are soft and gooey without being too sticky and falling apart. They’re swirled with creamy peanut butter and extra marshmallow fluff for that fluffernutter love. Last but not least, you’ll find beautiful little bits of Reese’s peanut butter cups.
Serving and storing Rice Krispie Treats
I always store my snacks/desserts in an airtight container. You don’t NEED to refrigerate these if they’re eaten within the first couple days but they are quite soft at room temperature. I suggest storing them in the fridge and removing an hour before serving.
When placing them in the airtight container, try not to pack them too tightly, it will smush them and they may stick together. You can separate them with little sheets of parchment paper or wax paper.
- 1 cup chopped Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
- 4 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 10 oz bag mini marshmallows
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (like Jif, not a natural peanut butter)
- 1 cup marshmallow fluff
- Grease an 8" pan with cooking spray and line it with parchment. Use binder clips to secure the paper to the pan.
- Chop Reese's peanut butter cups in half or fourths and place into a large bowl with Rice Krispies Cereal.
- In a medium saucepan melt the butter and marshmallows. Cook over medium heat, until it’s all completely melted, stirring frequently so they don't stick.
- Pour the butter mixture into the large bowl, over the Rice Krispies Cereal and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. Add the peanut butter to the bowl and stir the mixture until it's evenly distributed.
- Add marshmallow fluff and stir until it's somewhat distributed. You don't want to completely mix it in until you can't tell it's there so just mix it until it's *almost* evenly distributed.
- Place in the prepared pan and allow to set. Refrigerating for a few minutes will make them easier to slice.
- Store in an airtight container, refrigerate for more than 2 days.
- Serve cold or at room temperature.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 302Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 214mgCarbohydrates: 38gFiber: 2gSugar: 22gProtein: 6g
I’m so happy with the way these peanut butter Rice Krispie treats turned out. They are the ultimate party dessert, quick to make, easy to serve and tastes absolutely phenomenal. I knew they were going to be good because who doesn’t love peanut butter? Honestly I was still pretty surprised at how good they were.
If you make these peanut butter cup fluffernutter rice krispie treats, make sure to tag me @baranbakery on instagram so I can join in on the fun! As always, have a blessed day and happy baking!