Easy churned pistachio ice cream with extra chopped pistachios and fresh raspberries!
Errrhhhmmerrrggghhherrrdddd, last recipe of the summer (at least for me)! I probably would have tried to squeeze in a few more but let’s be real, my due date is less than 2 weeks away & I’ve already started working on fall goodies. So what better way than to top it off with an ice cream recipe, specifically pistachio raspberry ice cream!
& can we just take a second to appreciate this beauty?! I love the green & pink together, so summery & light!
Churn Ice Cream
I wanted this recipe to feel a little more sorbet/ice-y & less creamy, like the caramel cheesecake ice cream or the s’mores brownie ice cream, so I opted for my handy dandy ice cream maker to make this pistachio raspberry ice cream! Using an ice cream maker, the ingredients consist of cream, milk & sugar, whereas a no churn ice cream requires sweetened condensed milk, which is what makes it extra creamy.
When you churn the ice cream, it starts off as liquid and the longer it churns, the thicker it gets & eventually turns into butter…which we don’t want. So make sure to stop the churning once the it begins to look like soft serve ice cream or froyo consistency. Once it’s done, you just fold in whatever other ingredients the recipe calls for, in this case extra pistachio chunks & raspberries, then you cover & freeze for a few hours.
If you love pistachios & raspberries & ice cream then you need to make this recipe, it’s definitely different than most of my other homemade ice creams. I’d love to see it so make sure to tag me @baranbakery on instagram! I hope you enjoy this last bit of summer we have left & as always,
- 1 cup lightly salted pistachios (out of shell)
- 1/4 tsp coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup raspberries, halved
- Freeze the bowl of an ice cream maker for 24 hours.
- Using a food processor, combine 3/4 cup of pistacios and coconut oil to make pistachio paste.
- Combine the milk, cream and sugar in a bowl and whisk together until the sugar is dissolved.
- Slowly add some of the milk mixture into the pistachio paste to make it thinner. Once the paste is thin enough, pour it back into the milk mixture and whisk until evenly distributed.
- Remove the bowl from the freezer, attach the spinner to the lid and turn on the ice cream maker. Set it to 25 minutes and once it begins spinning, pour in the milk mixture through the hole in the lid. Allow it to churn until it becomes the consistency of soft serve ice cream, about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, roughly chop up the last 1/4 cup of pistachios and your raspberries.
- Turn the ice cream maker off, fold in the chopped pistachios and raspberries, and top with a few extra pistachios and raspberries. Cap it with the lid and freeze it for a few hours or overnight.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 295Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 44mgSodium: 78mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 2gSugar: 24gProtein: 5g
Nutrition information may not be fully accurate.