This post, for peppermint brownies, is sponsored by our friends at Simple Mills, making clean, nutritious foods for a better life. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Friends, the Holiday season is finally here!! I wanted to bring you guys a dessert recipe that is not only festive and delicious, but also super quick and easy to make. Welcome peppermint brownies!
I’ve been baking with Simple Mills baking mixes, from Target, over the past year and I absolutely love that they use only whole ingredients and nothing artificial. Simple Mills allows me to feel like I’m indulging and nourishing my body at the same time!
What ingredients are used in Simple Mills Brownie Almond Flour mix?
Simple mills uses ingredients such as almond flour and dutch cocoa powder, making the brownies extra fudgy and rich. It is also, naturally, sweetened with coconut sugar. Other ingredients include chocolate chips, tapioca starch, arrowroot, sea salt, and baking soda.
These whole ingredients not only nourish your body, but they can also aid in mental wellbeing. Go ahead and give it a try! Making something so delicious and knowing they’ve only used whole ingredients can give you some sense of accomplishment.
How to turn these into peppermint brownies?!
SOOOO EASY! To make peppermint brownies, or better yet, peppermint mocha brownies, literally just add espresso powder to the brownie batter for a little coffee flavor. Then top with melted white chocolate and some crushed peppermint candies.
You can use whatever kind of white chocolate you want, so if you need to make them dairy free, you can. In fact, you could even just frost them with simple mills vanilla or chocolate frosting. You can also add 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract to the melted white chocolate or frosting to give it a stronger peppermint flavor.
Where can I get Simple Mills Brownie Almond Flour mix?
Target!! You can find Simple Mills at most target locations, in the baking isle, next to other boxed baking mixes. I love shopping at Target because if you click on the product online, it’ll tell you how many are in stock at the store nearest to you! They also sell other Simple Mills products, such as the frosting mentioned above, muffin mix, cake mix, etc.
If you need to see where to buy Simple Mills Brownie Almond Flour mix, check out target online to see where they have it in stock. And if you make these peppermint brownies, make sure to tag me @baranbakery on instagram- I’d love to see your creations. As always, have a blessed day and happy baking!
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 Tbsp water
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp espresso powder
- Simple Mills Almond Flour Brownie Mix
White Chocolate Ganache
- 3/4 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 3 candy canes, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 400F (204C) and grease and line an 8x8 pan with baking spray and parchment paper. Use binder clips to secure the paper to the pan.
- Whisk together the oil, water and eggs until they're fully combined. Add espresso and Simple Mills Brownie Almond Flour Mix to the wet ingredients and mix until everything is fully combined.
- Bake for 20 minutes and allow the brownies to cool in the pan.
White Chocolate Ganache
- Melt the white chocolate with the oil and mix in the peppermint extract. Pour on top of the brownies and top with crushed peppermint candy.
- Allow the white chocolate to fully set and serve at room temperature.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 116Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 22mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
Nutrition information may not be fully accurate.