I was never really a fan of lavender…or hot chocolate. BUT! Once upon a time, back in May, I went to The Butcher’s Daughter in LA & had a lavender mocha latte (or something like that?). Game Changer. *fist emoji* It was delicious & when I did my post on that trip I promised you guys I would make it. Then I never did but now I did so were cool right?! kthankscool, so here is my version, a lavender mocha hot chocolate edition.
Also I finally caved in & bought these cute little weck jars, from World Market, which I used as cups obvvv. & I bought that plate & french press from there on black friday, as well. Yes, that’s right. That’s a french press, isn’t it beautiful? I bought it as a prop but I’m all for throwing out the ugly one & replacing it with this beauty that serves a double purpose.
I’ve also been practicing a lot of action shots, hence all my pour/dust/hand shots. I think I’m getting pretty decent, ehhh?! What do you guys think? Let me know down below! Obviously there’s always room for improvement but I only first picked up a camera exactly one year ago & then put it back down for about 2-3 months so I’ve definitely come a long way in a short amount of time. At least IMO & I give most of the credit to foodtography school.
Ok, I’m gonna go make dinner now so you go enjoy this super rich lavender mocha hot chocolate! If you make this, let me know what you think & make sure to tag me @baranbakery or #bakewithb ! As always, have a blessed day & happy baking…or drinking, I guess?!
- 1/8 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/8 cup Dutch-process cocoa powder, spooned and leveled
- 1 Tbsp espresso powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tsp lavender
- 4 cup milk
- Combine the sugar, cocoa powder, espresso and salt in a medium sauce pan. Stir on medium heat until melted.
- Add in the chocolate and butter and stir on medium heat until everything is fully combined.
- Mix the lavender into the milk and slowly pour one cup in the hot chocolate mixture. Stir until fully combined and then repeat with the next three cups of lavender milk.
- Bring to a boil and serve hot! Top with some whipped cream and a sprinkle of cocoa or lavender leaves.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 550Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 21gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 347mgCarbohydrates: 49gFiber: 3gSugar: 25gProtein: 14g
Nutrition information may not be fully accurate.