An easy and healthy granola bar snack that you can customize any way you want!
Happy hump day friends, so excited to share this recipe with you all! I shot these harvest granola bars for SunButter a few weeks ago & they were SO GOOD I had to share them with you too! &&&& we’re just in time for fall & back to school season, MYYYY FAVVVV! This is another super simple recipe & it’s definitely healthier than most of my other ones, LOL.
I am actually a little nervous for this fall, though. Fetus is due September 9th & I’ve been trying to work ahead so I have some fall content ready by then. Fall is, by far, my favorite season & I always feel most inspired throughout this season of the year but I know I won’t be able to do much with a newborn. I’m obviously super excited for fetus to be here but I can’t help but feel some pressure about running a business & not being able to work. I know it’ll all work out anyway but just thought I’d share some personal thoughts with you all.
What are Harvest Granola Bars?
Granola bars are such an easy snack to pack in lots of healthier ingredients than you normally do when baking (or at least me). You could always substitute things too. These call for raisins but you could replace them with chocolate chips. You could use whole wheat flour instead of regular, maple syrup instead of honey, etc. I’ll list out the ingredients below with some replacement ideas just so you can see how versatile these are!
- Flour (any kind)
- Shredded Coconut (any chopped up nuts)
- SunButter (nut butters)
- Brown Sugar (coconut sugar or granulated sugar, etc.)
- Honey (or maple syrup)
- Raisins (chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, dried cranberries, etc.)
- Vanilla Extract (maple extract, etc.)
- Cinnamon (you can use any spice)
So there you have it, super versatile, super easy, not so guilty, go to snack! These are perfect for meal prepping, packing in kids lunchboxes or sharing with friends. If you make this recipe make sure to tag me @baranbakery on instagram, I would love to see your creations in the kitchen! As always,
- 3 cups oatmeal
- 3/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup SunButter, creamy
- Preheat the oven to 300F (149C). Stir together the oatmeal, coconut, flour, brown sugar, salt, raisins and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the vanilla, melted butter, honey and SunButter.
- Mix the dry mixture with the wet mixture and spread onto a lined half sheet pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate it until solid.
- Slice the bars to desired size. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 257Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 162mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 2gSugar: 24gProtein: 4g
Nutrition information may not be fully accurate.
Thank you for supporting all things Baran Bakery & the brands that make it all possible. This post was sponsored by Sunbutter. All opinions are 100% my own.