HELLO MY FRIENDS!
It’s been a while…I know. I’ve been busy & out of town & enjoying life!
So I have quite a few friends who are either vegan, dairy free, or gluten-free & THIS CAKE IS ALL OF THE ABOVE! I told ya’ll I was basically going to make whole30 cupcakes one day & this is basically the same thing !
I won’t speak for everyone else but I loved this cake. & so did Mara & my dad so yeah that’s enough people in my books to call something great lol I recently got this chocolate sauce that is gluten-free & vegan so I figured I had to use it on this cake somehow & it turned out perfect! It’s called Lekkco & it’s basically like a gf/v/nut-free chocolate sauce. Similar to nutella but without hazelnuts, obbbviouslllyyyy.
Anyways, this cake is incredibly easy to make so you should tots try it & let me know what you thinkkkkkkkk <333
DOUBLE CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY GF/V CAKE
recipe adapted from The Loopy Whisk
- 2 cup (120 g) gluten free flour (I used Pillsbury which has xanthan gum in it)
- 1 1/3 cup (130 g) caster sugar(Note 1)
- 1/2 cup (30 g) cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp xanthan gum (if your gluten-free flour blend doesn’t have it)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup of oil
- 2 cup of coffee
- 4 ripe avocados
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- Lekkco Spread, melted
- 1 pint raspberries.
- Preheat oven to 350F & grease two 8 or 9 inch pans.
- Combine flour, salt, baking soda & baking powder & set aside.
- Combine cocoa powder with hot coffee & set aside.
- Combine oil with sugar & alternate adding dry ingredients & cocoa/coffee mixture.
- Bake for ~45 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, beat avocados with electric mixer until smooth.
- Add in cocoa powder and powdered sugar in 3-4 increments until taste & consistency is just right.
- Spread half of ganache on one layer, top with raspberries cut in half (be generous with raspberries).
- Melt Lekkco spread & drizzle on top to ensure next cake layer sticks to rasperberries. Repeat for the top layer.
- Feel free to add Lekkco into your ganache if you want.
- Stays good for about a week in the fridge but best if eaten within the first two-three days. Cover with plastic to keep more fresh.
I hope you guys enjoyed these beautiful photos of my cake (IMO) lol & enjoy this cake most of all! If you have any questions let me know & if you make this cake please tag #bakewithb. I would love to see ittttt. Have a lovely day my friends!