Thick and chewy double chocolate cookies made with sunbutter, dark chocolate chips and extra sea salt flakes on top!
YA’LL OMMMMGGGG!! So excited to share this recipe with you all! This is one of those desserts that I did not share with anyone, except babe, of course. I mean, these double chocolate cookies are GIANT, so the recipe only yields like eight or so cookies & we each ate one a day until they were gone. & let me just tell you, these cookies were like 90% as good the fourth day as they were fresh! I know 100% is ideal but like let’s be real NOTHING will ever be as good the next day as it is fresh.
What Makes These Cookies So Amazing?!
I don’t know if you’ve ever had LeVain Bakery but this one is pretty darn close to their double chocolate cookie. I had one in June, when I went to New York, & goodness I forgot how amazing they were. Anyway, I didn’t intend to make a copycat but when I tested these cookies, I made some smaller (with a small ice cream scooper) & some larger (large ice cream scooper) & they baked up totally different. Needless to say, the giant ones \ baked up perfectly with a soft gooey center, just like LeVain’s.
I find that whenever I add a nut butter or something creamy like that, cookies tend to be so much more gooey. For these guys, I used SunButter but you can’t taste the flavor AT ALL, because the chocolate is so rich. & the best part, no need to worry about nut allergies! I also used a mixture of milk chocolate & bittersweet chocolate morsels to balance out the sweetness & richness. & of course, a pinch of sea salt flakes on top!
How To Make Giant Double Chocolate Cookies
As any other cookie, combine all your dry ingredients & set aside. Then cream the butters with the sugars, add the eggs & beat until fully combined. Mix in your dry ingredients & then your morsels (save a few to place on top of each cookie!). Unfortunately, refrigerating the cookie dough after scooping & rolling is necessary, but SO WORTH IT! Then bake for 16 minutes, they will not feel like they are fully baked but they will continue to bake a little when you pull them out. Remove them from the cookie sheet as soon as you can without them falling apart, usually a few minutes.
Writing this post has totally got me craving these & lucky me I have a whole batch in the freezer!! If ya know whats good for ya, go make yourself two batches, one for now & one for a rainy day. Then tag me @baranbakery on instagram so we can virtually enjoy our giant double chocolate cookies! As always,
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sunbutter
- 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- pinch of sea salt
- Begin by whisking together all the dry ingredients in a medium bowl. Set the bowl aside.
- Cream the butter, SunButter & granulated sugar together, until they're well combined. Add in the egg & vanilla and beat until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Add in the dry ingredients & mix just until they're fully incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips until they're evenly distributed.
- Use a large ice cream/cookie scooper to scoop out dough & roll it into a ball. Refrigerate the cookie dough for at least an hour, until the dough feels firm.
- Preheat the oven to 325F and bake for about 16 minutes. Sprinkle some sea salt flakes on top, allow the cookies to cool on the pan for a few minutes and then move to a wire rack.
- Store cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to week.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 487Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 215mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 3gSugar: 44gProtein: 6g
Nutrition information may not be fully accurate.
Thank you for supporting all things Baran Bakery & the brands that make it all possible. This post was sponsored by Sunbutter. All opinions are 100% my own.