Caramelized white chocolate nuts are a combination of your favorite nuts tossed in a pinch of cinnamon and sea salt and then drizzled and tossed around in luscious caramelized white chocolate.
I just had the longest week ever. It’s 12:20am (so this post was due 20 minutes ago) & I just finished hosting a party so I’m dead. My apologies friends. I’m making it up to you by bringing you this amazing, simple recipe, caramelized white chocolate assorted nuts…with cinnamon obv.
They are similar to candied nuts so this can be a dessert, bar cart snack, favor, charcuterie board munchie, etc. I’ve already made three batches because somehow it always disappears. Also I used them as favors today for my Christmas get together. They looked really cute wrapped in mason jars but I sorta kinda forgot to take pictures of them, so these will have to do.
How to make caramelized white chocolate
It does take an hour to bake the white chocolate (& you can totally do it without roasting the white chocolate) but it’s so worth it to me. You basically just spread out all your chocolate on a cookie sheet and pop it in the oven at about 250 Fahrenheit. Then remove it every 10 minutes & use a spatula to scrape it off the pan & re-spread it out until it’s smooth. You do this about 5-6 times, until it’s a nice caramel color. Simple. Not rocket science!
What kind of nuts to use
You can honestly use whatever kind of nuts you fancy. My favorites are pecans, hazelnuts and cashews but almonds, peanuts and walnuts are really popular as well. For something more unique, try pistachios, macadamia nuts or brazil nuts!
If you really want to go take that extra step for these, toast all your nuts in the oven for about 10 minutes before. Allow them to cool a bit and then toss them with cinnamon and pinch of salt. Now pour the caramelized white chocolate over them and mix until the chocolate is evenly distributed.
Oook loves, I’m going to sleep. Tag me at @baranbakery of #bakewithb if you make these caramelized white chocolate assorted nuts, I’d love to see them! As always, have a blessed day and happy baking!
- 1 small bag white chocolate (~10 oz.)
- 2 lbs Nut assortment (pecans, peanuts, cashews, almonds, hazelnuts, etc.)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt flakes
- Preheat the oven to 240F (116C) and place the chocolate on a baking sheet (best on a silpat mat).
- Bake the chocolate for 1 hour, removing from the oven every 10 minutes to scrape up all the chocolate and spread it back out. The chocolate may look like it's seizing but when you spread it back out on the sheet it will soften.
- Meanwhile, toss all your nuts and cinnamon in a bowl.
- After about an hour, the chocolate will be a nice caramel color. Scrape and spread it on the board until it is all smooth and then pour it into a bowl.
- Place all the nuts on the silpat mat and pour the chocolate on top. Toss until they are evenly coated, top with a pinch of sea salt flakes and let them dry for a few minutes before devouring.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature for a few weeks.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 373Total Fat: 32gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 168mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 12g
Nutrition information may not be fully accurate.